BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 26, 2011

X-Men First Class

Warning Spoiler Alert!!!

So I gotta say this first. X-MEN WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway me being me you'd expect me to like every guy there. Wrong. I only like two of them but my mom kinda ruined one of them for me to it's more like one and a half. Let's get onto the movie. The only thing I could think of that was wrong was...hmm....I can't think of anything wrong with it.

James Andrew McAvoy did a wonderful job of Charles and his role of Mr. Tumnas in Narnia The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. I love him! At this point in time he's just become a professor and his best friend is Mystique who claims to be his sister during most of it. He also met Magneto for the first time during this and prevented Shaw's evil plot. All the while watching this I couldn't help think "He's kinda cute." Then my mom looked up who he was cause she knew him from somewhere (I did too but wasnt gonna look it up during the movie). When she told me who it was i had to resist the urge to slap myself.

Michael Fassbender did a very good job with playing the part of Magneto. Apparently it wasn't him who made that helmet he's wearing. It was Shaw. Anyways Shaw had pretty much destroyed Erik's life from the time his powers developed to when Erik somehow left. But after that he was out for revenge. Meeting Charles however changed that, to a degree. He was still as mad as ever but he slowed down and worked on mastering his powers.

Jennifer Lawrence did the part of Mystique just as perfectly as Rebecca Romijn did in the other X-Men movies. She grew up with Charles claiming to be his sister after Charles found her pretending to be his mom. By the end of the movie she has made new friends and lost old ones. Thus beginning her time in the Brotherhood with Magneto.

Last but not least Havok. He is awesome and how I like one and a half guys. Charles was the half he's the one. =) It was hard to find a good picture of him but that's okay. He's just a kid compared to the others I've mentioned (except Mystique) but he's just as powerful. Him along with Erik, Angel, Banshee, Darwin, Mystique and Beast were the first class that Professor X ever taught. When Charles wanted to send them home because they were 'kids' Havok was the first one on his feet to protest. From that point on he wasn't a kid anymore.







Now there's one last thing I must do. Quotes. They are wonderful so enjoy!

Professor Charles Xavier: Listen to me very carefully, my friend: Killing will not bring you peace.
Erik Lehnsherr: Peace was never an option.

Professor Charles Xavier: We have it in us to be the better men.
Erik Lehnsherr: We ALREADY are. 

Professor Charles Xavier: They're just kids...
Erik Lehnsherr: No, they WERE kids.

Young Raven: You're not... scared of me?
Charles Xavier: I always knew I couldn't be the only one who was... different. 

Erik Lehnsherr: Excuse me, I'm Erik Lehnsherr.
Professor Charles Xavier: Charles Xavier.
Logan: Go beep yourself.

[Magneto halts the missile barrage and directs it upon the fleet]
Professor Charles Xavier: That's enough, Erik! There are hundreds of people aboard those ships, who are just following orders!
Erik Lehnsherr: I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... never again! 

Professor Charles Xavier: I suppose I am a professor now. Pretty soon I'll be going bald.

Hank McCoy: Am I still a bozo?
Alex Summers: Yes Hank, you're still a bozo. But good job. 

Erik Lehnsherr: [before Charles uses Cerebro for the first time] What an adorable lab rat you make, Charles.
Professor Charles Xavier: Don't spoil this for me, Erik.
Erik Lehnsherr: I've been a lab rat. I know when I see one.

Professor Charles Xavier: You know, I believe the true focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity. 

Sean Cassidy: You truly believe I'll fly this time?
Professor Charles Xavier: Unreservedly.
Sean Cassidy: I trust you.
Professor Charles Xavier: I'm touched.
Sean Cassidy: [pointing at Hank] I don't trust him.
Professor Charles Xavier: [to Hank] Say nothing.
Sean Cassidy: I'm gonna die!
Professor Charles Xavier: Alright. Look, we're not gonna make you do anything without...
Erik Lehnsherr: Here, let me help you.
[pushes Sean off the antenna]
Professor Charles Xavier: Erik!
Erik Lehnsherr: What? You know you were thinking the same.

Over all on a scale of 1-10 this scores 200. Better than Thor even. Now that's hard to do.

0 comments: